[DeTomaso] Elect Short

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Thu Feb 21 10:17:13 EST 2008

I would start by replacing the blown fuse with a 12 VDC light or a meter.
Turn the key on till the light goes on to meter jumps.

CAUTION if the key is turned to the run position you can damage you points
(if you have them) or electronic ignition if you leave it there for a long
time. If it needs to be in the run position you should disconnect you
ignition power wire.

Then unplug connectors going to the items that stopped working, radio, turn
signals ect. As soon as you unplug something you will see the light go out
or the meter drop you know the area of the short. I then look for any non
factory connections or add on things. Many times the problems are there.

It strikes me odd that the hazard lights would be on a switched ckt with the
radio....but then it is a Pantera.

Larry - Cleveland