[DeTomaso] Camber brace pic requested

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 22:59:06 EST 2008

The operative word there is "massive."  probably because of the weak point in the middle.

  Ken

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 2/20/08 17 20 9, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

>     Not wanting to be a wet towel (or what ever people say) the brace
> behind the engine looks like a really poor design.  It's under compression, and
> the joints at the center are just begging to flex.  I think it would be a lot
> better design if the "turn buckels were at the outboard ends.
>
>       Maybe just use square tubing and fit it to the car?  Might not have
> the bling, but I think it would be more functional.

The Hall design substitutes massive square tubing for the top half of the
brace, with a single large turnbuckle in the center. It ain't flexing for
nuthin'. :>)

Mike

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)