[DeTomaso] Is A Pantera On The Freeway An Idiot Magnet?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:15:35 EST 2008

If ignoring them won't work, my usual response is an exagerated yawn or laugh.  Works well.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:21:32 -0800> From: dimewagon at verizon.net> To: detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: [DeTomaso] Is A Pantera On The Freeway An Idiot Magnet?> > Hey guys--> > Have you noticed (of course you must have) that whenever you get out on the> freeways in your Pantera there suddenly appears race car drivers from all> sides wanting a piece of you? New Mustangs, beat-up IROC Camaros, low-buck> rice-fueled Japanese drifters, 80's Corvettes, hopped-up lowered F-150's,> Nissan Super Z's etc. etc. (it's never Porsches or Ferraris or anything> like that is it?)> > There you are, calmly, politely doing 80 - 90, not bothering anybody and all> of a sudden some crazy bastard pulls up next to you and darts in and out of> surrounding cars to keep pace, then pulls away hitting about 110+ and then> slows back down beside you as if to say "Come on, Mr. Hotshot Pantera! Show> me what you got!" You ignore him, he keeps pace again for a bit then> vrroooomm!! off he goes again, thinking he is on a race track, scaring the> crap out of everbody else on the freeway. And sometimes there's more than> one.> > (When I say 80 - 90, that's at 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning and most> certainly I do not swerve dangerously around cars, threading needles to do> it. So, you know it's not the pot here calling the kettle black.)> > But damn, these guys can be annoying! Because you know, I'd like to show> them what I've got....but the freeway just ain't the place.> > > > > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso