[DeTomaso] NPC four-post lifts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 23:25:34 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/15/08 20 18 39, mike.boward at hp.com writes:

> Long time not present in the posts but always watching/learning.  Anyone
> looked at 4 post lifts in a normal garage setting (i.e I don't have a
> wharehouse). I am tired of reading all the manufactures boasting about safety,
> superior, etc and need to hear from users. I want to back the P-car to clear and
> /stuff a Boss 302 under and park a MB next to them.  I would rather see a meteor
> hit the MB than see the P-Car crash on the boss....thoughts..

Most garages have an 8-foot ceiling which really isn't enough.   If you have
a 9-foot ceiling you can get a Pantera on top of a late-model Corvette.
Don't know about a Boss 302 though.

10-foot ceiling would be better still....

BTW Julian Kift and Larry Stock are cooking up a group buy on 4-post lifts
right now for the Reno-Tahoe Pantera club, getting a discount off the
manufacturer's best price.   As they are coming from LA, perhaps you could roll in on
that and have them drop one on the way up the hill?

Julian wrote:

====

 RTP Friends,

Larry Stock and I have been working on a group buy discount for four poster
lifts, so if you have been contemplating purchasing a lift read on...

The best deal we have been given is a price of $1,600 on Direct Lifts
Pro-Park 7LL model FOB from Quality Tool & Eqpt in Temecula, CA, that is $100 off
their regular web price.

You can view the lift (and any accessories) at
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/

Mike  and follow the side menu to 4 post lifts, Pro-Park 7LL

Larry is working on freight up to Reno and this is where we can probably make
further savings as a group. Punching in a single lift to the freight
estimator it gives ~$300 to Reno,
so we should be able to cut down on that somewhat. The exact amount I cannot
say at present until we know exactly how many lifts we need to freight and
freight method (i.e. whether it is a truckload or partial load)

As far as I'm aware we have 4 people committed already, so I thought I'd
throw it out there to the group for anyone else that might have been thinking
about a lift in the near future.
Depending on the freight situation, this will likely happen in the very near
future and could be as early as next week, so please if you have any interest
get back to me ASAP.

Cheers,
Julian

=====