[DeTomaso] forgot two forum gripes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 22:26:45 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/15/08 19 15 42, LaurieFerrari at aol.com writes:

> Oh I forgot to mention that I do have  a couple forum gripes.. .those being
> the posts that are yards long and  don't scroll to the next line, causing an
> aching neck.... and those posts that  start out with a zillion meaningless
> letters:
> like AAPPCOEOOORNOOOYYEIONLKN:JHOIUPOIUPOIPOIUOI
> then the post... but by that time I'm too tired to read  it.

Both of those problems are your fault.   Or rather, the fault of your e-mail
program.   If you are using proper stand-alone AOL instead of the web-based
version, posts come through looking perfectly fine, with just plain text.   I
remember many years ago I viewed the forum from a desk job (the horror!!!) using
Hotmail, and occasionally a post would appear with no line breaks, and you
would have to scroll horizontally for a week to read each line.   I was
eventually fed up enough to get clever, and to go to the 'preferences' section of the
Hotmail website, where I was able to set a maximum line length, I think of 80
characters.   That forced the text to wrap properly and I lived happily ever
after (well, that is, after I got out from behind the desk, back into the
cockpit and never looked back!)