[DeTomaso] Banter on the List NPC

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 20:31:12 EST 2008

I am not one for censorship.  I believe one should have the freedom to
control it for them selves. But this list would be enhanced with some
decorum. I do believe posters of comments should be realistic, and adhere to
common sense.  Perhaps I am old fashioned in a "modern" world. When comments
are mainly insults, vulgar or otherwise, there is likely to be no (positive)
benefit.  I consider this Forum to be like a large social party (with
alcohol consumption).  If one conversation bothers me, I move on circulating

thru the party.  Eventually I'll form an opinion about some (drunk?) Jerk
and ignore him/her permanently.

Computers can be a great thing for this!

I use a version of MS-Outlook.  There is a feature/ability called a "Rule"
(filter).  I control my personal filtering.  This is how:

All mail from this list goes to a specific e-mail account.  That e-mail is
moved to its own folder, and filtered or processed with rules of my own
creation.

These are the menu selections specific to MS-Outlook:

(Main Menu toolbar -> Tools -> Rules and Alerts...)

New Rule... Start from Blank ... Check Messages When They Arrive ... through
a Specified account from a specific person (or list of persons) ... move it
to a specific folder.

Example:  All posts from Person X (whom I consider to be too frequently
offensive or hostile, and almost never has anything worthwhile to offer) are
moved immediately and directly to the jerk or deleted folder.

(No, not you Larry in Cleveland! Grin)

Many mail tools offer a feature that can perform this function.  It can be
REALLY satisfying, and rewarding.  Imagine receiving the mail you want, and
not being bothered by those you don't want.

Miss something?  You can zoom thru the Jerk folder, or even turn the
specific filter off temporarily.

I wish I had this power with my Postal Mail!

(Using NPC as the filter might help those that only want DeTomaso related
mail, thus I've changed the subject line to include NPC.)

Chuck Melton
(No big fan of MS products, but this feature I LOVE.)

One nice thing about this Forum is that it is colorful and  basically
uncensored.  It is not a bible study group; it is not a  classroom; it is
not a site
run by a dictatorship. Those who write are adults,  have a common interest,
and not only share expertise but also  exhibit senses of humor and unique
personalities as well. Once  folks recognize the familiar participants, the
site
becomes a rather  extended family.  For those who are so fragile that they
are
offended by  general sentiments from the Pantera public (good, bad, raunchy,

compulsive,  overly assertive, narcissistic, biased: stock vs. aftermarket,
ORR
vs.  track, EFI vs carb, Yellow vs Red, Blue or Orange and so on,  well I
just
suppose they must decide the value  of losing out on what the benefits are.

Obviously it is impossible to  live in a perfect world nor please all the
people all the time.  We have  choices and if one chooses to be offended,
that is
certainly his/her  prerogative.  To reprimand, scold, or inhibit adult
conversation on here  would be more offensive. And to monitor the true
nature of this
site to  encourage one person to rejoin would be a mistake; what about the
next  offended person, and the next, and the next. Eventually there'd be
nothing
left  of interest to say.
Laurie (presenting a more open minded opinion)

Awards. Go to AOL Music.