[DeTomaso] Scratched window glass.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 15:17:04 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/13/08 8:26:38 PM, davel at emspace.com writes:

> Looks pretty good except I find that the drivers side glass is scratching
> on the outside. It might be grit in the felt from 300 miles of trailering in
> questionable weather,

It is very likely NOT grit but the way DeTomaso attached the 'fuzzies' to the
sills- with tiny sheet metal screws that back out, or, when fuzzies get old,
the clearance they generate decreases. One of the more common defects you see
in a Pantera is a line of dots or a vertical scratch going up the drivers side
window. Recommendation: take the central fuzzy-screw out; this doesn't affect
the vibration-isolation the fuzzy does, and may save your glass. These dots
or gouges are usually deep enough so they cannot be polished out; glass
replacement is the only "fix". good luck- J dEryke