[DeTomaso] starting problems

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Thu Feb 14 09:35:32 EST 2008

The reason the starters do not work well when hot is that the bushings at
each end expand. The armature then has a hard time spinning. It is a simple
job to replace them if you are into that kind of thing.

Look for the old guy in town that still rebuilds starters out back. He can
bring back you old starter to life for small dollars. I would also put on
one of the heat shields too.

Larry (no $) - Cleveland