[DeTomaso] California driver Pantera for sale--full review, and pantera value from a Norwegians

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Feb 13 16:59:25 EST 2008

When I bought my Pantera, I purposely (and humorously) added the license plate frame that says

"It's not a toy...it's an investment!"  I'm a Certified Financial Planner by trade, so that makes it even

funnier!

Sincerely,

Chris
#3846> From: dagny-kr at online.no> To: dakelm at qwest.net; MikeLDrew at aol.com; kenn_green at yahoo.com; detomaso at realbig.com> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:53:11 +0100> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] California driver Pantera for sale--full review, and pantera value from a Norwegians point of view> > > > > _____ > > Fra: Douglas Kelm [mailto:dakelm at qwest.net] > Sendt: 13. februar 2008 22:01> Til: MikeLDrew at aol.com; kenn_green at yahoo.com; dagny-kr at online.no;> detomaso at realbig.com> Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] California driver Pantera for sale--full review, and> pantera value from a Norwegians point of view> > > > >>>I always advise people who are shopping for a car to take a good, hard> look at their financial situation, and determine the absolute, complete> maximum amount of money they can afford to spend on a Pantera, and then go> out and buy one at least $5000 MORE than that amount!!! Without question> they will be financially ahead in the long run--and happier too.> > Mike> > I concur in spades! That's EXACTLY what happened when I bought my car 12> years ago. I, reluctantly, paid $5000 more than I had originally planned to> spend, and that was AFTER getting the seller to reduce his asking price by> 10%. A big part of that decision was the Wilkinson 16" & 17" Campy clones> that came on the car that were not part of my original wish list. And the> fact that the car was heavily documented back to day one. Any Pantera buyer> MUST ask himself: What is it going to cost to bring this car up to a> standard that I will be happy with? Virtually noone makes back their> investment restoring a Pantera in the short run, so why no use the economics> to work in your favor. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know these cars aren't> "investments" but it's still money out of your checkbook. Spend it wisely!> > Doug> > I totally agree that its cheapest for most buyers to buy a good car at> once,especially since it seems to me that pricedifference between a very> good car and restoration object isnt that big.However im glad that some see> the challange and satisfaction in restoring the panteras that are not so> good anymore.And for those capable of handling most of the restoration work> them self,it could be a ok solution financial and satisfactional. :)> > Øyvind Bakken> > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso