[DeTomaso] California driver Pantera for sale--full review, and pantera value from a Norwegians point of view

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Wed Feb 13 16:53:11 EST 2008

  _____

Fra: Douglas Kelm [mailto:dakelm at qwest.net]
Sendt: 13. februar 2008 22:01
Til: MikeLDrew at aol.com; kenn_green at yahoo.com; dagny-kr at online.no;
detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] California driver Pantera for sale--full review, and
pantera value from a Norwegians point of view

>>>I always advise people who are shopping for a car to take a good, hard
look at their financial situation, and determine the absolute, complete
maximum amount of money they can afford to spend on a Pantera, and then go
out and buy one at least $5000 MORE than that amount!!!  Without question
they will be financially ahead in the long run--and happier too.

Mike

I concur in spades! That's EXACTLY what happened when I bought my car 12
years ago. I, reluctantly, paid $5000 more than I had originally planned to
spend, and that was AFTER getting the seller to reduce his asking price by
10%. A big part of that decision was the Wilkinson 16" & 17" Campy clones
that came on the car that were not part of my original wish list. And the
fact that the car was heavily documented back to day one. Any Pantera buyer
MUST ask himself: What is it going to cost to bring this car up to a
standard that I will be happy with? Virtually noone makes back their
investment restoring a Pantera in the short run, so why no use the economics
to work in your favor. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know these cars aren't
"investments" but it's still money out of your checkbook. Spend it wisely!

Doug

 I totally agree that  its cheapest for most buyers to buy a good car at
once,especially since it seems to me that pricedifference between a very
good car and restoration object isnt that big.However im glad that some see
the challange and satisfaction in restoring the panteras that are not so
good anymore.And for those capable of handling most of the restoration work
them self,it could be a ok solution financial and satisfactional. :)

Øyvind Bakken