[DeTomaso] charging an Optima Battery help

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 15:47:42 EST 2008

Another stranded Pantera story, it seems the Pantera sat too long and  there
isn't enough juice to start the car. I attached my charger and plugged it  in
on the 12V setting. The charger acted really funny and made noise, sort of a
humm. The gauge on the charger would peg all the way up and then after several
 seconds all the way down. It kept going all the way up and all the way down
several times and I turned it off.

Then I switched the charger to 6V, turned it back on and it is acting  normal
and reading about 2/3 the way up.

Will an Optima charge at 6V?

Any Ideas why the 12V charge was acting so strange?

AutoRama starts tomorrow so I'm kind of in a panic. Thanks for any
suggestions you might have.

Jeff
6559

Awards. Go to AOL Music.