[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9-180 sound

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 01:00:23 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/11/08 2:47:19 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> I can vouch for the sound of MD's 180's.  They sound great (even) at idle.
>
> The set of Hall 180s (glasspaks I think) on Rich's Pantera caused me to lose
at least two autocrosses. They sounded SO good at 6500 that I stayed in the
throttle a bit too long just listening, which put me into a corner about 10 mph
too fast....the rest was sort of messy. Then 2 weeks later, I did it again! 15
yrs later I still get a chill up my back thinking about that sound. Ain't no
VW ever sounded like that! FWIW- J DeRyke