[DeTomaso] Dyno Numbers and Throttle Sticks

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 21:49:26 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/11/08 10 32 11, trevor at fougere.com writes:

> Needless to say, I want to address this immediately.
>
>>>As well you should!   PCNC almost lost a car (Michael Harper's) when after
an engine swap, he took it for a test drive and booted it, and the throttle
linkage caught on the intake runner and jammed the carb wide open.
Fortunately he had monster JFZ brakes which were able to overpower the (rather weak)
motor and stop the car 20-30 feet before it T-boned a retaining wall.   Whew!

>  I have been told to
> try a motorcycle shop for some kind of lubricant that gets attached to the
> cable.  The throttle cable is brand new.  I'm open to suggestions...
>
>>>It's brand new, but is it a proper Pantera cable, which has a built in
return spring at the carburetor end?   That should be adequate to return the
throttle to idle, but all Panteras should have TWO throttle return springs (it's a
requirement for running track events).

So, do you have two, one, or zero throttle return springs????