[DeTomaso] Dyno Numbers and Throttle Sticks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 15:31:21 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/11/08 10:32:28 AM, trevor at fougere.com writes:

> Needless to say, I want to address this immediately.  I have been told to
> try a motorcycle shop for some kind of lubricant that gets attached to the
> cable. The throttle cable is brand new. I'm open to suggestions..

First, some intake manifolds tend to interfere with the carb throttle lever
at WOT, and some configurations will never achieve WOT. Vendors have a throttle
lever adapter available for this last problem. For the first, a carb spacer
may help, or simply carefully bend the carb throttle lever. Finally, the cable
end that goes into the stock steel bracket on the intake, sometimes slips out
of its recess and this will hold the throttle on. On our car, I had to
safety-wire the cable-end to the bracket, as the OEM cable jacket moved around so
much. Good move on using a rev-limiter; most owners, paraphrasing Dirty Harry,
'...don't know their limitations...' Good luck- J DeRyke