[DeTomaso] Re-Pantera Wanabee

P. Remov rimov at charter.net
Sat Feb 9 11:49:03 EST 2008

Morning Jerry:

The only real way to know if you are going to fit is to try a couple on. In some respects no two cars are alike. There are lots of owners around you that would be more than glad to let you test sit in their cars. California probably has the largest number of POCA members and owners of anywhere. And although there are a few things you can do to help fit better in the car, the cockpit is quite small. I am 6'1" and currently 190 and I fit ok. I remember a guy wanting to see if
he could fit into my car at the Concorso down in Carmel many years ago, he was at least 6'5" and well above 250. Still remember the disappointment on
his face when he realized he would have to check this car off his wish list. Then again Matt Stone is like 6'6" I believe and spent a couple of year at a Tibetan
Monastery to learn Nai-gui-choo contortion techniques along with some interior modifications so that he could fit and drive his car. Some of it depends on your body proportions. If you have short legs and a long torso, it makes it really cramped. However, if you have long legs and a short or normal length torso it is pretty do-able.  A yoga course would definitely help. Give Art Stephens a call at 562-594-9265 in Long Beach CA, one of the nicest modest guys I know in the club. I am sure he would be glad to give you a test fit maybe even a drive in his car with his new engine or he can give you a number or two of members down in S.D. Pantera ownership is one of the greatest keys I have ever been lucky enough to carry. The car is well a PITA most of the time but the club(s) and the members are just the best.

Paul