[DeTomaso] 180 sound

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 02:19:53 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/7/08 15 46 39, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> My 180's exit out at an angle out of the original muffler openings and it
> sounds like a VW. Will it make a difference if I exit them straight out the
> condenser grill? What if I remove the internals of the mufflers?

Sorry, but there's nothing you can do.   180-degree exhausts on a Pantera
sound like a VW Beetle with a shop rag stuck in the mouth of one carburetor,
until you rev it up above about 4500 rpm.

So, drive around in 2nd and 3rd gear and love the wail (they do sound great
up there), or drive normally and live with the fact that you are acoustically
driving a glorified Karmann-Ghia....