[DeTomaso] NPC ! Tremec vs T-5???

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:36:36 EST 2008

> Any of you installed a Tremec 5-spd from a 92-94 Mustang in a 67-70 Mustang or Cougar????

Trying to figure out if this is a swap that requires any cutting of
the floor pans....which is not required for a T-5 swap.

Not sure what transmission you are referring to.  The '92 and '93 Mustangs used
the T5, just as my '87 Mustang did.  Borg Warner sold all the rights
and tooling
to Tremec so the T5, T45 and T56 Borg Warner designs are now Tremecs.
The Tremec
site says Ford used the T45 in '96 to '99 Mustang Cobras but I thought
all of the
V8 models used it.  I believe the SN95 5.0L's ('94 and '95) got a T5
with a longer
input shaft.  A switch was later made to the TR-3650 with the 2001 Bullit being
the first application.  I put a Tremec TKO in my '66 and it fit
without modifying
the floor pan so I'd bet you have clearance for the tranmission in your Cougar
but I'm not sure about the shifter placement.

Dan Jones