[DeTomaso] Does anyone know of a programmable digital warning display on the market that replaces idiot lights?

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu Feb 7 22:25:51 EST 2008

There are data loggers that can do this, and there are industrial controls
that can do this, all of which are expensive.

When I was in college, I made a digital dash for our Formula SAE car.  It
had a 240 by 320 display and gauges with alerts from various sensors.  It
was pretty easy to build.  It actually didnt read the sensors, except for
oil pressure.  The rest it got from the EFI control (I also designed it)
over a serial bus.

Dave "The electronics guru" D

At 05:21 PM 2/7/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>    I've been talking to a friend about developing a small programmable
display to accept inputs from various sensors and display a programmable
warning when programmable conditions are met.  Probably include an audio
warning too.  Does anyone know if this is on the market?  It's hard to
believe it's not out there.