[DeTomaso] It's ALIVE!!!

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Wed Feb 6 17:07:13 EST 2008

> Congrats, Art!   We want to hear all about it.   Did you elect to rebuild
> your roasted Cleveland, or go for a brand-new motor, or what?
>
> Mike

        Thanks Mike.  I had Steve Wilkinson get me another Cleveland block
and we went from there.  The only parts we used from the old engine are the
carb,  fuel pump,  oil pan,  water pump,  timing chain,  cam,  lifters  and
distributor.  I'm sure I have forgotton some small things,  and I'm sure
this will raise some eyebrows,  but  I couldn't stand to not use,  what I
considered to be good parts.  The fact that this was the second new engine
in two years probably had something to do with that?  The new engine
includes a SCAT 408 stroker kit with forged crankshaft,  CHI 3V heads with
matching dual plane manifold and a 10.0 to 1 compression ratio.  Two new
additions to the car include a temperature gauge and an MSD,  cockpit
adjustable timing control (part #8680).  I figure when I get this thing
sorted out,  it should be a blast to drive!

Art