[DeTomaso] Engine Hatch Repair

Ron Graves rlg1973dt at charter.net
Sun Feb 3 23:31:16 EST 2008

The square nuts can be repaired from inside the passenger area.  With the firewall panel removed, access the square sheet metal "shells" the square nuts sit in.  Bend back one side flap of the square shell the nut sits in.  remove the nut and drill and tap it for next larger screw size.  Or replace it with square nut from hardware store.  Reinsert the square nut and bend the metal shell side back in place.