[DeTomaso] De Tomaso

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:26:20 EST 2008

The Ferrari plant won't let you in unless you are a owner. Your dealer has
to make the right calls to get you in.

However, you CAN and SHOULD visit Lamborghini. You need to make arrangements
ahead of time - you can't just show up or they won't let you in but you can
reserve a visit and it'll be free. They have a fantastic museum that is well
worth spending some time.

Pagoni will also let you visit for free if you arrange it ahead of time.
They won't let you take pictures inside the factory though.

You should look up the Maserati collection, perhaps one of the most complete
in the world, in the outskirts of Modena. There is nothing to see at the
Maserati factory - it is a modern and boring looking industrial building.

I'd be curious to know if you can get in the DeTomaso factory or not. I
doubt it but it is worth a shot. While you are in the neighborhood yo may
want to visit Carrozzeria Campana, which is where Claudia Lodi works now.
They are the shop that modified the wide-body Panteras and they now work on
prototypes for Maserati.

I spent a bunch of time in the area a couple years ago so send me a note if
you'd like more info. You can see photos of the Lambo museum at
http://members.aol.com/panteragt5s1985/Pix/PanteraStuff/