[DeTomaso] WTB: Ford C9OX-D 302 Intake for Goose or F4BEdelbrock

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 23:26:27 EST 2008

I agree.  Good info.

What really surprises me are the comments about the Torker 289.  I had a 302
in a 68 Mustang with a Torker, Holley, headers, and a medium sized solid
cam.  The rest was 100% stock.  It had a toploader, but only 2.80 gears.  It
was very fast - at least low 13's.  It was dead under 2500 rpms, but after
that it pulled like crazy.  It wasn't a big town, but I beat a 340 Dart (my
brother), 351C Mach 1, 440 Charger, 340 Cuda, 350 Chevelle, plus several
Camaros and Corvettes.  My only loss was to a motorcycle.

The only other intake listed that I saw in the 80's was the F4B.  We
considered it a dog.  At the time, I could have bought it for $15.  I guess
I should have tried it.