[DeTomaso] Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Wed Dec 31 23:17:09 EST 2008

Happy New Year...

Sometimes it may just be better to rev it in the garage, than to actually be
seen in public.

This afternoon, taking a leisurely (for me) drive to do a couple of errands
in the Pantera..

Halfway down the 6 minute drive to the freeway I passed one of Novato's
"finest" writing up a Jeep.  Downshifted

and went up the hill. A little loud maybe, but at the speed limit. One stop
sign and on red light later, leaving the red light

I slipped between two cars and got the free lane ahead. Swooping in behind
me at velocity was this same officer

I had passed two minutes before.

She followed me to the freeway.

She followed me onto the freeway.

She followed me down the freeway.

I'm doing 60-65 (legal) and signaling the occasional lane change.

She makes all the same lane changes.

I'm in the slow lane doing 55.  5 miles later.  She's still on my ass.

So.I see  a commercial van doing about 50 in the next lane.  I thought I
signaled, and moved into his lane at a slightly higher

speed, cutting it a little closer than usual.

Sure enough, she squeezes in behind me and lights up.

Then she bangs me for not only "failing to signal", but also for an "unsafe
lane change".  And took at least 15 minutes to write it up.

Color me livid.

I was driving slower than I ever drive it, and not doing jack shit.  She
tailed me for 10 minutes over about 6 miles, waiting for any

excuse to pop me.

California is bankrupt.

They are on a revenue crusade.

But hell..my Pantera rolls, and I'm gonna drive it.

I don't mind getting popped for speeding.  Hey, it's all part of the game.

But getting stalked like this guarantees my attorney is going to get some
business in January.

And the police wonder why they get shot periodically.

Happy New Year..get out there and drive. no matter what!

Trevor