[DeTomaso] WTB: Ford C9OX-D 302 Intake for Goose or F4B Edelbrock

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Dec 31 18:45:29 EST 2008

New Year Greetings!!!

Am having fits trying to get my new whippy dippy SVO heads to fit on my new engine....actually they fit fine....it's when I put an intake on that things go awry.....  Having problems fitting the carb..... and I think I sorta need one still.....

So, am looking for an old Ford C9OX-D (C9OE-D) factory aluminum piece, may be lettered near the t-stat opening as FORD, SHELBY, COUGAR, TIGER, or blank, as Ford had them made up a few different ways...but all the same intake!

Another option is an Edelbrock F4B of similar design and period.

Old articles about modifying Goose used the Ford Intake, but I have seen pic's of an F4B on a car, but I am not sure how much was modified to make it fit!

I could make what I have fit just fine.....IF....I just ran a smaller diameter open air cleaner...but I've been there already.....and don't want a repeat of last years "Leaving Las Vegas...or NOT!" episode.....   It is a very strong requirement that I retain the use of a stock air cleaner.    ...I may have to modify that to a "stock type" air cleaner....and make something else work....ugh.

The pile of parts that don't fit is getting larger than the ones that do! :)))

If you have something lying around collecting dust, and aren't quite sure what to do with it..... I will take it off your shelf!!!!!

Lemmeno!
Best wishes for a prosperous and happy new year to youse all!

See you in Reno!  40th anniversary of the production Mangusta!!!!

Steve