[DeTomaso] Rare De Tomaso Parts?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:48:48 EST 2008

 >1. Pantera ZF transaxle

Used transaxles have been going for between $4500-$5500, however, you are going to have to spend some 'peace of mind' money to ensure a) all syncros are good and b) it is safety wired. A refurbished transaxle is probably worth $7500, I heard (unconfirmed) that RBT put the price up on new ones to $14K.

The demand has come down for ZF's as the rush for transaxles for GT40's has been a) slowed due to the economy and b) the new ZFQ is now available and costs GBP6500 (currently less than US$10K) ready to drop in a GT40 (or a flipped pantera version is available). With the cost to get a standard ZF and then flip it for GT40 use I think more and more will opt for the ZFQ.

As an aside GT Transmissions/Quaife have also just announced that dog engagement and straight cut gear versions will be available in 2009 for track/competition use. That makes a sequential change option a viability. Maybe we'll see some ZFQ's in Pantera's before too long. >2. Pantera GT5-S Original Wheels

As others have stated a set just sold for $4.5K on Ebay and that was with 10 year old tires you really wouldn't want to drive on. These had been refurbished some time ago and the photo's weren't clear or close up but one wheel looked to have corrosion pitting. Anyway figure about $5K for a set of wheels then add another $2K for tires on top. >3. Mangusta Original wheels

Sky's the limit on this one I guess as Mangusta owners are more likely to keep the car stock so less availability. Julian