[DeTomaso] Dumb semi-techno question

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Mon Dec 29 11:59:21 EST 2008

Chuck,
 Since I haven't seen a response to your initial question on cleaning up your headers, thought I'd throw in
my experience over the past few years. My headers are a Jet Hot type finish in a silver grey color and are
8-10 years old. Every Spring while I'm under the car preparing it for the upcoming cruise & car show
season I make it a point to go over as much of the surfaces of the headers as I can (without removing
them) with a standard "Polishing Compound" like you'll find at any bodyshop or auto parts store. This is
much less abrasive than rubbing compound & has always done a great job of not only polishing up the
headers but also takes off any discoloration &/or slight surface rust that might be present. Has always
worked for me & I can't see where it has ever taken off any of the original coating. Good Luck!

Bob Radefeld  (#5042)
Topeka. Ks.