[DeTomaso] Another header question: bolts

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 03:25:22 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/28/08 3:57:10 PM, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> On the subject of header bolts.  Do you do anything different for aluminum
> heads?  Studs?

I use grade 8 studs in my aluminum heads- actually, they're 1-1/2" long allen
setscrews with anti-sieze and stainless nuts on them. You don't want to be
tightening and loosening bolts on aluminum threads very much, as the threads go
away quickly. The plain nuts & flat washers have given me no trouble loosening
up so far... FWIW- J DeRyke