[DeTomaso] Oil Pressure Sender

Roland Jaeckel detomaso at gmx.com
Sun Dec 28 15:05:39 EST 2008

Who says, that the 10$ mechanical gauge is right?
These are made in the same poor quality as the senders.

Roland Jaeckel
DeTomaso Parts Center Europe
www.detomaso.de

In a message dated 12/28/08 9:34:03 AM, tonydigi at optonline.net writes:

> Can't remember - the stock oil pressure sender - is it a standard
> replacement item from 1972 mustang, etc?

Yup- exactly. But don't expect much in the way of accuracy from a new or used
one. I once ran a series of 10 new ones on Judys car and got 8 different sets
of readings- none of which agreed withing 15% with a $10 mechanical gauge
mounted with the senders on a tee fitting. Another poster said his tests showed
these senders were really 'poor'. Good luck- J DeRyke