[DeTomaso] Tapered Bearing problems

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 27 23:04:10 EST 2008

My car was purchased last year with the Quella tapered bearing mod. The car sat for 4 years and it was evident from the noises that the bearings were gone.
Water had gotten in and screwed the bearings ( more so on the pass side).
I replaced th bearings and seals and it is clear that it is a poor design.  I caught one rain storm in Sept and the bearings are screwed again. I can see brown oozing out of the seal. The wheel was seized after sitting for    few weeks of sitting.
Where do I go from here? Back to stock bearings and seals? Does anyone have any stock uprights for sale?
Will