[DeTomaso] Painted calipers

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Sat Dec 27 18:06:58 EST 2008

I used G2 caliper paint http://www.g2usa.com/

It comes in a kit and is intended to be used while the calipers are on the
car by brushing it on with a small brush.  This worked fine on the rough
cast surfaces but not so well on the flat surfaces.  It's suposed to be self
leveling and it's pretty good but not completely smooth.  So, I ended up
buying more and spraying the flat part of the fronts and the yoke on the
rears, which was a bummer because the stuff is kinda pricey.  But in the end
they turned out well.

The decals are vinyl and are supposed to stand up to the heat, but we'll
see.  The clearcoat I put over them is only good to 500 deg so that may be
the weak link.  My car is only street driven though so hopefully it's not an
issue.

Hope that helps,

Ian