[DeTomaso] Fw: Headlight Photos

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 14:26:00 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/27/08 7:19:25 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I've seen conversions where a clear sheet is used to cover the opening, and
> the headlights are stationary.  With the new small diameter lights, this
> seems like a good option.  I assume there is a loss when the light passes
> through the clear cover because of the steep angle, but I'm not sure how bad that
> is.

I've had factory covers over halogen headlights for a while and as long as
they're kept clean, there's not much loss. Plexiglas also yellows with time but
the main problem seems to be that there are few bulbs small enough to fit in
the available vertical opening in Pantera fenders and still give a good
short-distance light pattern. So many stationary-bulb conversions cut the section
from the original light opening down to the body break-point for a deeper light
pattern. And most of us simply won't cut the body.... FWIW- J Deryke