[DeTomaso] GT5 Campagnolo Wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 23:06:07 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/23/08 10 19 0, phavlik at pris.ca writes:

>    Just a reminder that circa 1988 DeTomaso switched to Tecnomagnesio
> wheels. The GT5-S Panteras (and my GT5) from that period onward all
> ran them.

Well, more accurately, Tecnomagnesio bought Campagnolo outright, and took
over the manufacture of the De Tomaso Campagnolo wheels.   My 10-inch wheels
(purchased new in 1989 and manufactured in 1989) are marked "DETOMASO" and
"CAMPAGNOLO" but both came inside Technomagnesio boxes, with no mention of Campagnolo
anywhere....