[DeTomaso] L or pre L?

Greg Landwehr pantera928 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 24 17:55:08 EST 2008

I would consider an L over a Pre-L for the following reasons. Several years
ago, I bought a Pre-L and the next thing I knew, I had the engine out, was
getting a surprise divorce and lost my shop where I worked on the car and
therefore never put it back together. (I did keep the car through the
divorce.)
Well, I remarried and we were going to sell both of our houses and build a
house where I would have another shop. Then the sub prime bust hit and now
we can't sell the house so who knows if I will ever put the engine back in
the bay.
I think an L would not have resulted in such bad luck but I could be wrong.
Of course if you are not married, this argument has no basis in your
decision.

Greg Landwehr
1972  VIN2359