[DeTomaso] An unsolicited endorsement

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Dec 24 12:55:13 EST 2008

Hey everybody,

First of all, Merry Christmas!

Next, I have to tell you about a pretty great Christmas present I just received.

As I mentioned on the forum a few weeks ago, I managed to cause a domino effect of bookcases in my garage that resulted in two of them smashing into my prized possession.

I got the repair quote from my favorite body shop, and with tax, the repair cost exceeded $1,800.00.  My collector car insurance is through Hagerty, and I have a $50,000 stated-value policy with zero deductible (that's right, ZERO deductible!)

I contacted Hagerty about the claim, and they dealt with the body shop, approved the claim and are sending me a check for the full amount, all within about a week.

Being the skeptical sort, I was terrified my rates would skyrocket or I'd get non-renewed.  I expressed my concern to the Hagerty claims adjuster, and in writing, I was assured there would be no surcharge and I wouldn't get non-renewed.

I have NEVER had such a positive experience with an insurance company, and being a CFP, I've dealt with many, many such companies over the years.

I can't say enough good about Hagerty, and I recommend them to anyone with a collector vehicle.

Oh, by the way, my premium is about $400 per year (which, when my teenage son gets his driver's license, will probably be what he pays per minute.  And he WILL NOT get anywhere NEAR the Pantera...)

Sincerely,

Chris