[DeTomaso] Holiday Wishes

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Wed Dec 24 09:04:16 EST 2008

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!

You have all made 2008 a better year for me.

There are very few emails that I look forward to receiving each day,
those from the forum are not only desired but eagerly anticipated, in fact,
when there aren't any, it must be akin to what heroin addicts feel in
withdrawal.
I look forward to hearing MD tauts on ORR events, learning what exotic place

Mike has been flying to/from and to hear from old friends like
Dave, William, Dick,  Tom and Wayne whom I have met as well as
the many more friends from the list whom I have never had the pleasure
of meeting in person...yet!

We all share the same joy, affliction, and the same desire to take
these cars that bind us together (DeTomaso family of automobiles) and
through them share our questions, knowledge and motoring passion.
Early man formed hunting groups, then eventually tribes which led to
civilization on fewer
common interests ( OK - food and sex - we have those too AND Panteras,
Mangustas, et al. ) fat meaty tires, powerful engines, shiny bits and more.
Just imagine where we would be if early man had a Pantera....

I digress...

I look forward to asking questions in 2009, contributing my skill
sets/experience and hopefully
meeting many more of you in person, seeing your cars and sharing what I
value most, quality time with other people who understand this thing we all
do; in garages from Hawaii to Mass,
in the heat of summer, in the cold of winter, on roads, race tracks and on
grassy
fields packed door to door with lesser cars.
Cars that go to sleep on Christmas Eve, dreaming that morning will come
and they will wake
up and be a Pantera.

Merry Christmas,

Keep the dirty side down, the shiny side up and the cops in the rearview
mirror.

Michael in Savannah

--

Michael L. Shortt