[DeTomaso] water pump

bwerner at live.com bwerner at live.com
Mon Dec 22 20:13:27 EST 2008

Hi:  I have a question for all of you.  I am just finishing up my 351C and one of the last items I am putting on is the water pump.  I know there has been a lot of talk in the past on which is the best pump to go with.  Well I have a new Weiand,  I have heard that you want to put a plate on the back of the impeller on this pump and this style of pump doesn't allow water to be circulated through the engine, it has to go to the radiator.  What is the purpose of this design??  Then I have a new FlowKooler water pump that has the new Mirakool M-16 impeller.  A very impressive pump to look at, but does allow the water to be circulated through the engine, and the last pump I have is the New Pro Form Electric High Capacity pump that is designed for street use.  I but told these pumps which are a copy of the CSR & Meziere work all right on a dyno or engine stand but don't work very well when they are pumping against pressure in a street application.  So here you have it.  I need your input from your vast experience on which pump to use and why.  Thanks guys.