[DeTomaso] Ford Motor Sports Water Pumps

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:25:08 EST 2008

Kirby,

Steve Rovarino was running a FMS water pump on his Windsor motor (very few miles on it) at RFR track and the impeller separated. I have heard of others with similar failures. I don't know if these were all the short versions or whether we are just generalizing FMS water pumps as crap.

I have that same shorty pump sat ready to install on my GT40 (KVA MK1) so I can eliminate the center hump and have the seats fit correctly. I have hesitated with so many reported problems, plus I need to obtain the correct pulleys. Can I ask what pulleys you are running to make it work and did you have to change the balancer as well?

Thanks,
Julian  Attention Bob Benson.... I don't have your email address.... The illustrious Mike Drew has informed me that Ford Motor Sports are crap and you've broken many. More information would be great since I have the M8051E351S on my GT40. I _have_ to have something that short and I've not found another solution. The snout on everything else is too long.The set back of my pulleys is as far as it can go so the alternator and A/C belts can clear the firewall. Thanks and regards,KIrby    ------------------------------