[DeTomaso] speedometer cable

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Dec 22 10:25:57 EST 2008

I recently replaced mine, and it's not too bad of a job:  basically I just followed where the old one went and routed the new one the same way.  There was one place, I think it's where the cable runs along the shift console, where the end of the old one got stuck, so I actually ahd to yank REALLY hard, bit it eventually came out.

Mine was a bit more of a hassle than most since I fabricated a plate to go under the dash on the driver's side to hold one of the 6x9" speakers and I had to remove that first, but once that was removed I just reached up under the dash and unscrewed the cable from the speedo.

Good luck!

Chris