[DeTomaso] Antifreeze Leak

R o s s H chaos at ross.aero
Mon Dec 22 02:15:12 EST 2008

There is kind of a fundamental problem in that the usual metal hose clamps
don't expand with temperature as do the polymer hoses, this means that at
best they make a good seal when hot or when cold but not both.  Further,
there is no workmanship standard I'm aware of by which one can even properly
adjust a typical clamp.

Dealing with this issue is one of the advantages Gates claims for their
polymeric (heat shrink) hose "clamps".  They are available at Carquest,
Napa, and presumably the others.

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/htclamps/5470kp1.gif

I did all all my (zillion) Pantera coolant connections with them, though in
my case mostly because I just liked the look...