[DeTomaso] Low Mileage Goose (<7K) for sale!

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Sat Dec 20 12:03:08 EST 2008

MD,

Yup!   Although this guy wasn't your typical owner, I'd put him towards the top of the food chain, he was not afraid of doing it himself, as evidenced by the E-type he was working on.  Just very particular about what he owned, and what he drove. (He would take the GT-40 to the PA tracks...since it was a proven (and somewhat historic) car and had papers...)

The Goose was being preserved, but needed lots of detail work to get off the fuzzies that grow on a car when it isn't touched and farted in.... The chrome gets crazed, the leather grows stuff, things stick together from lack of turning...

Just owning a Goose sorta puts you on an island because you are one of so few. Dave and Frank experienced the same simply by remote addresses in tractorland.  Hell, when I was getting my car running, I would work the mornings of the tech sessions on my car at home, then run down to the tech session just to hang out! It wasn't until the final "drop in the motor" day that some extra hands showed up, and it felt great!

I think a lot of older Goose and perhaps to a certain extent, Pantera owners, suffer from a sort of internet phobia.  They were never raised with it, needed it, so they get stuck in sort of a old school rut, not wanting to climb out to see what is out there....they prefer sending letters, phone calls, and if it takes a while, well so be it.

If I had not found the internet, I think my car would still be in pieces.....! I bought my car just shy of 14 years ago (my how time flies!) and because of the access to information explosion, I've been driving it for some 7 or 8 great years, action packed with bad air cleaner elements, cracked oil pans, and one helluvalot of fun!!!  I know I would NOT have had the same quantity/quality of fun with the normal car clubs around here. They are too busy thinking inside the box.

It's such a great day, I think I'll go out to the garage and see what I can do to my new motor. It's been neglected long enuf.  It's not cold enuf that I need a fire to warm things up, but it ain't a tropic zone either! There are heads to torque, and intake to port match, and accessory drive parts to fit....  I NEED to do something for the Goose today. I deserve it!

Merry Christmas Bubba, to youse and yours all!
Steve

From: Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com>