[DeTomaso] This is an example of how to not sell a Pantera on ebay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 20:39:51 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/19/08 17 21 51, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

>     I looked at the much larger (21 page) description in Chuck's registry
> (look under VIN 4544), and it looks very good there also.  I guess it just
> goes to show that someone needs to see the car in the flesh.  Maybe that's why
> the guy who (the seller claimed) bid $38K didn't complete the deal?
>
>      The previous description, by the owner, in Chuck's register is
> drastically better than how you describe it.

was a filthy roach.   It appears to have been detailed, which can make a huge
difference.

When I put the car up on a lift, the rocker panels were all wavy, as though
the car had taken a pretty good shot at some point in its life and been
repaired badly.   The curve of the panels didn't match side-to-side, which is
difficult to discern in photos.

But what was really most striking about this car is the obvious mechanical
neglect it had suffered; especially ironic since the owner owns a 4x4 truck
custom and repair shop!

Mke