[DeTomaso] This is an example of how to not sell a Pantera on ebay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 20:04:08 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/19/08 16 39 42, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> That's interesting.  It looks so clean--just look at the picture of the
> engine bay!
>
> What was wrong with it when you drove it?

Where to start?   I did a write-up on the forum when I tested it; I went
there with Dan Lem, who was a potential buyer.   The thing was bent, as I recall,
and had suffered extensively from owner butchery, i.e. trailer trash jury-rig
fixes to obvious problems.   The engine had been displaying low oil pressure,
so his 'solution' was to disconnect the oil pressure gauge, for example (!).

It was just a rough, rough car.   As I recall, it didn't have an awful lot of
structural rust, but everything on the car was just worn-out, tired, totally
shagged.

I don't remember if Chuck Melton put my review of this car on his website or
not?   His website is down at the moment for some reason....