[DeTomaso] Sunvisors?

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Dec 19 14:30:06 EST 2008

Don't do something STUPID...like I did,  My MB 450SL visors were looking
pretty limp ( hey, it's a 1978 and in the Disco crazed era, it was a P wagon
).I decided to see what would happen if I were to inject some household
construction foam filler inside of it with a can of STUFT, I knew to use
very little ( it expands about 15:1 I think ) and I knew to put it between
two heavy books with 3/8 metal height spacers to give it room to grow.  So I
did exactly that.

BRILLIANT IDEA!

NOT.

It filled in perfectly, but cured unevenly, and then when dried  looked like
a Border town Boob job gone bad, and they were as hard as a rock ( same
reference ).

The news ones - that I still don't have for it cost $400.00 EACH, money that
is spent on the Pantera instead, which explains why they share a garage and
do not speak to each other.

Michael in Savannah