[DeTomaso] Re: Fw:  Choke Problem

astephens artstephens at charter.net
Fri Dec 19 04:54:30 EST 2008

" Take the air cleaner off, and manually open the throttle. The choke
should
> close and the fast idle cam should snap into fast idle. This will only
> happen
> if the various pivots and springs are all in working order. "

        Sometimes it works this way and sometimes it does not.  When it
doesn't act like this,  I can manually close the choke blade while holding
the throttle open.  It is at this point that I can feel the dampened
resistance to my effort to close the choke blade,  it does not feel like
spring pressure.  I suspect the choke pull off mechanism, so  I think I will
try disabling it and see what happens.

Thanks Bill,
Art