[DeTomaso] Choke Problem

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 01:51:37 EST 2008

Art,

Do you have an OEM Autolite/Motorcraft or a Holley  carb?

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 12/18/2008 8:53:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
artstephens at charter.net writes:

My car is running very well except for the choke.  The car  is
practically bone stock with the original carb and choke etc.   Sometimes the
choke sets as it should and sometimes it doesn't.  With  the air filter off,
I can manually move the choke blade into the choke  position and then the
choke works normally.  When I manually move the  choke blade,  I can feel a
dampened resistance which must be from  that choke pull-off thing.  What the
heck does that thing do  anyway?  The round, Holley style choke can has a
heat riser tube  going to it from the intake manifold but there is no wire
going to the  part.  I like having the choke on this car,  I would just like
for it to work every time.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Art

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now Available at  http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/