[DeTomaso] Choke Problem

astephens artstephens at charter.net
Thu Dec 18 23:52:57 EST 2008

     My car is running very well except for the choke.  The car is
practically bone stock with the original carb and choke etc.  Sometimes the
choke sets as it should and sometimes it doesn't.  With the air filter off,
I can manually move the choke blade into the choke position and then the
choke works normally.  When I manually move the choke blade,  I can feel a
dampened resistance which must be from that choke pull-off thing.  What the
heck does that thing do anyway?  The round, Holley style choke can has a
heat riser tube going to it from the intake manifold but there is no wire
going to the part.  I like having the choke on this car,  I would just like
for it to work every time.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Art