[DeTomaso] Long throw!

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Dec 17 18:24:27 EST 2008

Long throw slave cylinders are beeing discussed every now and then. As I am trying
a new cluch I sort of run in to these sort of problem myself. The racing shop did only
had these marcell thing on the shelf, so I bought one. If It dosen work I just order
another one then. However, the pedal become VERY soft, much depending on my
pedal lever mechanism, but also from to sort a slave stroke. Ok, its a combination
of the two. So I removed the lever stuff and tok a Volvo 140 alu-clutch-slave, turned
the outside round and turned a sleve chrimed on the outside to fit the bracket.
It gave 28mm stroke inplace of the stock slave 22mm.  Obviosly the marcell
steals stroke. 22mm created a clutch drag. Hevent been driven the car yet, but I
will report how it turns out. The Volvo slave is cheap and has sealings to buy.
Pedal is still soft, but feels like very great clutch control.
Pics at www.hemipanter.se klick fabrication pictures and scroll down a little.
Goran