[DeTomaso] Valve Cover Oil Filler Thread? VLPC... but NO AOL Content

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 17 00:18:24 EST 2008

Guys:

Very little Pantera content, but at least there is absolutely NO AOL content....

On my Ford 5.4LSOHC supercharged engine that is going into my '73L, I've got cast aluminum valve covers. They have a threaded oil filler hole. I think that the thread is somewhere in the 1.25" by 8TPI range... but it's hard to be definite. I believe this is a "standard" size hole, and thread... but I'm not sure.

My question for Jack, and other's of the group who are into these little known factoids, is what is that thread? I want to turn an aluminum oil filler cap, but before I do that, I gotta know what I'm doing.... (which is always difficult). And just to add confusion to the question, I've attempted to buy two different caps, both of which were "standard", and both of which did not fit. They would start, but they wouldn't seal.

Also, is anyone on the list into anodizing, or electroplating? If so, could  you please email me off list.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"