[DeTomaso] AOL Status

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Tue Dec 16 23:32:29 EST 2008

I was leaving a client this afternoon.and an employee leaned over the
railing.and asked me: "My AOL is so slow.what can I do?"

The double clicks he heard were my eyeballs rolling into the back of my
head..as I muttered something about get a DSL or Cable connection.and get a
life.or something to that effect.

It is amazing how many people hang on the their AOL e-mail addresses.even
though they have long since stopped subscribing to AOL dial-up or AOL
broadband.  Blithely paying..month after month..for something that is free
at gmail or any number of other free e-mail services.

The question they should ask themselves is:  "Somehow I have gotten through
my life with more than one telephone number.why is it that I can't see my
way clear to go through life with more than one e-mail address?"

Well..when AOL cuts them off.I suppose most of them will see the
light..except they will not have had the chance to tell all their friends
(via e-mail) what their new address is..

Mikey..are you listening?....

Trevor