[DeTomaso] AOL Status

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 20:18:29 EST 2008

FWIW,

My connection to AOL (via Time-Warner cable modem) has been down  for one
week.

AOL customer support (finally) said today:

"If you use the AOL service bundle with Time-Warner cable you will  not be
able to connect to the Internet. The Time-Warner servers no longer  connect to
the AOL servers and we can not say when that situation will change.  We
recommend that you unbundle AOL from Time-Warner and either use Verizon FIOS
(fiberoptic cable cum modem) or DSL. If you want to stay with Time-Warner  cable,
switch from AOL to Time-Warner's Road Runner service."

This  message is being sent via AOL using a Verizon USB WAN device to connect
to  AOL.

If you have the misfortune of using being in a Time-Warner cable  area and
you use AOL, you may already know this. It took me a week to find it  out. Seems
pretty clear to me that Time-Warner is teeing AOL up to be  sold free of any
legacy connections to Time-Warner.

If you do not have the misfortune of a Time-Warner cable/AOL ISP  lashup, you
are probably OK as is.

Comments?

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor